Bhutan: The Last Jewel of the Himalayas
A Sacred Dance Festival in a Mystical World
November 4 – November 18, 2024
- Visit the annual Black Crane Festival – Bhutan’s sacred dance festival, showcasing colorful costumes, rituals, and masked dances.
- Explore temples, including the famous Tiger’s Lair, monasteries, nunneries, and dzongs (fortresses)
- Check out art projects, schools and Kutira’s special projects
- Sample delicious and diverse local cuisine from street markets, fine dining, and family homes
- Explore the country’s Buddhist tradition and culture with the help of an expert guide
- Hike up stunning trails and enjoy the breath-taking architecture that Bhutan has to offer
- See the full itinerary of our two-week schedule at the bottom of this page!
- All lodging accommodations and breakfast, lunch and dinner
- All transportation
- Our own English-speaking Bhutanese Guide
- All daily activities, including temple entrance fees
- Kutira’s cultural and spiritual immersion tour
- One flight from Paro to Bhuntay (one-way) [$215 value]
- 14-day visa into Bhutan [$40]
- Government’s daily Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) [$1400 total]
And of course, unexpected beautiful surprises!
Certain options are offered at the different location such as a river ride on the Po River in Punakha or a bicycle ride in Gangtey and other experiences. Those will be paid directly to the provider at your choice.
Accommodations and Food
We will stay in beautiful and clean hotels and guest houses in Nepal and Bhutan with hot water and electricity. (Please note: Our hotels/guest houses will be rated 3 to 4 star accommodations are based on double occupancy)
All meals are included in trip price. Breakfast and most dinners will be in hotels. Lunches will often be in restaurants or picnic lunches during our hikes. Meals are typically served buffet style, with Bhutanese, Indian, and Chinese dishes as the usual offerings. Vegetarians are easily accommodated. A typical breakfast may include cereal and milk, pancakes (sometimes Buckwheat), omelets, fried potatoes, and fruits in season. Dinners will usually be in restaurants or even the homes of local families we have relationships with. Dinner may include rice, noodles, asparagus or cauliflower, a meat entrée (often chicken), and ema datse, the spicy chili cheese dish often considered as the national dish of Bhutan. Beer is typically available for purchase with lunch or dinner, but wine is limited- drinks are not included in the price.
The trip consists of a mix of hiking, cultural, and culinary touring. Anyone in good physical condition who is comfortable walking 2-3 hours on a hilly, rocky terrain should have no difficulty on the hikes. It is important to view the trip as a group activity where the group’s needs may outweigh those of the individual. An open attitude and respect for the culture are important attributes that enhance the participant’s enjoyment of the trip. Please feel free to call Kutira and discuss if this would be the perfect journey of your life. It is much easier than you think!
Equipment and Clothing
Hiking boots or trail shoes, a down jacket, and a day-pack are highly recommended. Daytime temperatures will be moderate (approximately 55 to 75 degrees). Nighttime temperatures will be cool (30 to 40 degrees). We will be visiting towards the end of winter and moving into spring, so warm and cool clothing are recommended.
14-Day Journey Pricing
|November 4 – November 18, 2024
| Early Bird Price of $6499.00 is available until May 31st!
Tuition goes up to the regular full price of $8499.00 starting on June 1st.
|Place your non-refundable deposit of $1000 to secure your spot!
50% of your total balance is due by July 1st, 2024
|Your remaining balance is due in full by October 1st, 2024
We can also arrange for a custom payment plan. Contact our office.
|Please go to the CONTACT page, there is some vital information you want to know.
Please note: These prices are based on rooms with double occupancy. A limited number of single occupancy rooms are available. Pricing for these single occupancy rooms has not yet been determined by our partners in Bhutan, but it is estimated that the additional cost for a single room will be approximately $1000. Please note that this is an estimate; the actual cost may be higher or lower. The additional fee for a single room can be paid upon arrival at the hotel.
All prices in US Dollar. Personal checks, cash or bank transfer are accepted with no fee charges in US. 3.5% surcharge if paid with credit card.
A bank fee will be applied for each international transfer.
What’s not included:
- Personal, medical, or trip cancellation insurance ( )
Flights before you arrive in Bhutan (see below)
- Single-room upgrades (contact office for more information)
- Any extra days before or beyond the dates of the tour
- Excess baggage on the flight from Paro to Bhuntay
- Phone calls/internet usage fees and faxes during the tour
- Any items of a personal nature, i.e., laundry, medical, etc.
- Optional activities, including rafting, bicycling, hot stone massage, etc.
- Gratuities to our guides (see below)
Gratuities to your guides, drivers, and behind-the-scenes angels. We will collect $200 USD per person at the beginning of our journey. Please bring this in cash with you.
Optional monastery donations: It is customary when you enter a sacred place that you support the well-being of the space with a small contribution. When you exchange money, please get some small bills.
Flights are extremely limited and ABSOLUTELY must be booked ASAP to reserve your space with Kutira. An in-country flight from Paro to Bhumtang is included in the package.
This beautiful and charming Kingdom does not allow any other airlines to enter their paradise, and this is also the high season for tourists and the best time of the year to visit, so booking flights six months in advance is extremely important. There are only a limited number of tickets available, so it is imperative to secure your seat to fly on The Wings of the Dragon (Druk Air = Druk means Dragon in Bhutanese).
Druk Air’s cancellation policy is very good, so you can cancel if you cannot join us. However, if you wait to book your ticket, you risk no more seats being available! Book your tickets NOW online on Drukair.
Flights are available from Kathmandu and Bangkok. Our partners in Bhutan can book these flights for you:
Bangkok – Paro – Bangkok (two flights) = Business Class $1292.00 / Economy $907
Bangkok – Paro (one way) = Business $710 / Economy $473
Paro – Kathmandu (one way) = Business $708 / Economy $473
My office can help you book flights from Kathmandu back to BKK or another destination as well.
Please call us soon so we can help you with arranging your tickets if you need them. The last time, we had to turn people away as no more seats were available. We are here to help.
For more information and to ensure this journey is for you, write to info@BhutanEcoRetreat.com or contact the office at 808-280-3960 (Kutira) or 808-572-6006 (office)
Once you have registered to this once in a lifetime adventure, our office will help to prepare you with detailed information.
Step by step we will help you get ready. By clicking below bottom you will take the first step.